CAROL’S SUMMER SALAD
PREP TIME: 45 MINUTES, PLUS 45 MINUTES CHILLING
COOK TIME: 4-6 MINUTES
MAKES: 8 SERVINGS
4 cups cubed watermelon, cut into bite-size chunks
1 t salt
1 cup cashews
2 T honey
¼ lb back bacon, cooked and diced
4 ozs cream cheese, cut into small cubes
4 cups baby greens
1½ cups croutons
2 T lime juice
2 T coconut vinegar
½ t grated ginger
1 t honey
1. In a large bowl, combine watermelon and salt; chill for 45 minutes.
2. While the watermelon is chilling, toast the cashews in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once they begin to brown, add honey and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes; spread out on parchment paper in a single layer to cool.
3. After chilling, drain watermelon in a colander and add to a large bowl. Add cashews, bacon, and cream cheese. Add baby greens and toss to combine.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing, and pour over salad.
5. Serve topped with croutons.
Gather ingredients for salad.
Add 4 cups cubed watermelon to a large bowl. Then, add 1 t salt. Stir to combine and chill for 45 minutes.
While the watermelon is chilling, toast 1 cup cashews in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Once cashews begin to brown, add 2 T honey and stir.
Cook for 1-2 minutes; spread out on parchment paper in a single layer to cool.
After chilling, drain watermelon in a colander. Pour back into a large bowl.
Add cashews, ¼ lb cooked and diced back bacon, and 4-ozs cubed cream cheese.
Add 4 cups baby greens. Toss to combine.
Gather ingredients for dressing.
For the dressing, add 2 T lime juice to a small bowl.
Add 2 T coconut vinegar.
Add ½ t grated ginger.
Add 1 t honey.
Whisk to combine.
Pour over salad and toss to combine.
Serve salad with 1½ cups homemade Rosemary and Blue Cheese croutons.