The next time you doubt your ability to tackle a daunting task, stop to consider the sum of your positively powerful parts.
What the heck am I talking about?
Well, in case you didn’t know …
- Your body is made up of 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms! That’s a whole lot, considering there are only 300,000,000,000 (300 billion) stars in the galaxy.
- Your atoms—all 7 octillion of them—formed during the “Big Bang,” 13.7 billion years ago.
- Your hair, if braided, could support several tons.
- Your blood vessels, stretched into one strand, could circumnavigate the planet about two and a half times.
- Your belly button contains thousands of (healthy!) bacteria, creating an ecosystem that rivals a rainforest (follow the link to get the dirt on that one).
- Your smokin’ hot body (tee-hee) gives off enough heat in a half hour to bring a gallon of water to boil.
- Your blood travels 12,000 miles around your body in a single day.
- Your body produces 25 million new cells each second, so every 13 seconds, you make more cells than the population of the U.S.
- You’ve been told you have a heart of gold. Well, your heart IS made of gold. Sort of. You have 0.2 milligrams of gold in your body, most of which is coursing through your blood, which travels through your heart … you get the idea.
- Your skin is bioluminescent—it actually glows in the dark! Our eyes aren’t strong enough to see the glow, but it’s there, girl, it’s there.
And that’s not even counting your creative spirit, which is capable of moving mountains.