PREP TIME: 45 MINUTES
COOK TIME 20–25 MINUTES
MAKES: 12 BLONDIES
Cream Cheese Topping:
2 ozs cream cheese, softened (about 1/4 cup)
1 T cream
2 t sugar
1/8 t vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/4 t salt
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1/8 t ground cloves
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 3/4 cups pumpkin purée
1 t vanilla extract
Wilton #102 petal decorating tip
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 13” x 9” glass baking dish with two pieces of crisscrossed parchment paper.
2. Make cream-cheese topping: In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, cream, sugar, and vanilla extract; whip until smooth. Transfer topping to a pastry bag fitted with a Wilton #102 petal decorating tip and set aside.
3. Make pumpkin blondies: In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and cloves.
4. In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a flat beater, cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add pumpkin purée and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
5. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and smooth out top.
6. Pipe flat lines of cream cheese topping parallel to the 9” side of the baking dish, spacing lines about 1” apart.
7. To create a decorative top, drag a toothpick or wooden skewer through topping along 13” side of baking dish every 3”, alternating directions with each new line.
8. Bake blondies for 20–25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in baking dish, then cut into squares and enjoy!