Ready to gab about some positively fab vocab?
By “fab” I mean fabric, which is, of course, fabulous.
What I have in mind is a little quiz.
Come on, you know you love it when I tease your brain.
Here’s how it works:
I’ll show you a photo of fabric, complete with a quick description, and then you’ll guess what it is. This may be super easy for some of you, but you never know when you might learn something new.
The answers are posted at the bottom of this entry, so don’t peek until you’re finished!
1. A reversible figured fabric of silk, wool, linen, cotton, or synthetic fibers with a pattern formed by weaving:
2. A heavy cotton fabric that is woven and then sheared to create a short, soft pile on one side:
3. A form of lace that may be described as “decorated net” formed by a pattern at the bottom that is covered with machine-made net and then fine muslin, through which the pattern can be seen:
4. A soft woven fabric of various fineness that was originally made from carded wool or worsted yarn but is now often made from either wool, cotton, or synthetic fiber (hint: I wrote about union suits made from this fabric):
5. A fabric with loops that can absorb large amounts of water (that’s a giveaway for sure!):
6. A medium-weight, balanced, plain-woven fabric made from dyed cotton or cotton-blend yarn:
7. A class of richly decorative shuttle-woven fabrics often made in colored silks with gold and silver thread: