1. Winnie Nielsen says:

    This is so perfect it almost doesn’t seem real! Wow, I have seen these fungi in stories of fairy woodlands but never have I seen a real photo of them. So beautiful!

  2. Beautiful and sooooo very poisonous! We have many of them growing under a huge pine tree at my farm. They get as big as dinner plates. And one bite can kill you, honestly. It is the Amanita muscaria mushroom aka fly agaric , which is highly toxic and also hallucinogenic. In small doses it gives the sensation of flying and supposedly was used by witches for that purpose ./ Please never touch or handle them ! We mow them down as soon as they break soil, so no wildlife or the neighbor’s dog eats it. Just wanted to warn all those at MJF blog.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *