Buy props used in MaryJane’s books and magazine!
All proceeds (minus shipping and packing) will benefit www.firstbook.org, a non-profit that provides new books to children from low-income families throughout the U.S. and Canada.
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
MAKES: A BAKER’S DOZEN
1 1/2 cups MaryJane’s Organic Budget Mix
I’m happy to report that this recipe is delicious with MaryJane’s Gluten-free Budget Mix! The conversion is simple, just swap the 1 1/2 cups Budget Mix with 1 cup Gluten-free Budget Mix. After spooning the batter into muffin cups, let them hang out for about 15 minutes before baking (this gives the flour time to absorb liquid). The yield and bake times are still the same.
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
6 T melted butter
1 t vanilla extract
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (about 4 ozs)
1 T lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
Simple icing (optional):
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 t milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tin with baking papers and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine Budget Mix, sugar, and brown sugar; mix well.
3. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well and pour into dry mixture. Mix just until combined. Mix in raspberries and lemon zest.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool slightly, then transfer muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
5. Make optional icing: Combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Drizzle over muffins and let dry completely.