Wondering who I am? I’m Merit Badge Awardee Jane (MBA Jane for short). In my former life …
It’s Day 1 of my Gratitude Journal challenge! You have no idea, dear diary, how difficult it is to write words in their entirety instead of shortening them to text-speak. But I am determined to break the habit, lol! Oh, drat. Well, anyway, this is all about being thankful, so here goes:
I am thankful for …
1. This uber-cool journal and my glitter pens. Am I shallow? You decide.
2. Open-toed high heels for spring (peepers). Oops, shallow again! I swear, the next entry will be deep and thought-provoking, even if it kills me. JK! Argh, did it again. Should have gotten the Hello Kitty pencils with the erasers. I always knew somehow glitter pens would be my downfall.
3. Long talks with friends. I was at Midge’s the other day, hanging out by the pool while the triplets played, and it was so totally fun. We hadn’t hung out since like, high school. And I don’t want to brag or anything, but I can still fit into my high school cheerleading uniform … it was a little hot wearing it to the pool, though. Polyester totally doesn’t breathe well. Lesson learned.
4. Earning my Merit Badges! Talk about a sense of accomplishment! Way better than the half of my beauty-school degree I almost, practically got. I’m going to spend this weekend sewing them up (now that I know how to thread a needle and my thumb has healed from the last time). I’m way excited to see how they look, and I’m even dusting off the Bedazzler. Oh yeah!
5. Finding that pomegranate shampoo for Ms. Twinkles at the organic health-food store. Oh my, she smells ever so much better than the minced meat, mangy yak smell she used to sport. Of course, Ms. Twinkles being a bit on the bratty side, she totally went and rolled in something questionable, like, two minutes after her bath. I’m telling you, I think that Pomeranian needs therapy or something. Maybe it’ll calm her nerves if I put her in her tutu and take her to the dog park where the Dobermans can admire her.
6. Curly hair is fashionable again! Hurray! I was so sick of flat irons, I tell you what, dear diary … I think I’ll bury mine in the backyard and revel in my curls! Wait. Was that shallow, too?
7. World peace. Totally grateful for world peace. I mean, if we achieve world peace. I’m grateful for all the people who are trying for world peace!
There. First day of journaling done. My hand hurts and my handwriting is getting sloppy, so I guess I’ll stop now. Once, we studied handwriting analysis and my teacher said I wrote like a pixie on speed. Whatevah, Mr. Knight! He was just jealous at the pace my bobble-headed pencil could whip across the page as I passed notes to Midge. My green troll with the bouncy hair could really boogie.
Anyhow, dear diary, I’d better save my other gratitude stuff ideas for tomorrow. Signing off!