PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
MAKES: 4 SALADS
2 T orange juice
1 cup celery, finely diced (about 3 stalks)
1 cup candied walnuts
½ t salt
¾ cup mayonnaise
4 large lettuce leaves
1 T parsley, thinly sliced
1. Cut apple into ½” cubes. Pour into a medium bowl, and add orange juice. Toss to coat.
2. Add celery, walnuts, salt, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
3. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves. Top each salad with sliced parsley.
Cut 1 apple into ½” cubes.
Pour into a medium bowl.
Add 2 T of fresh squeezed orange juice.
Toss to coat.
Add 1 cup of finely diced celery.
Add 1 cup of candied walnuts. *Candied walnut instructions below
Add ½ t salt.
Add ¾ cup of mayonnaise.
Spoon mixture onto 4 large lettuce leaves.
Divide 1 T sliced parsley between the 4 salads.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 8 MINUTES
MAKES: 1 CUP
1 cup walnuts
2 T butter
3 T brown sugar
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and cook until the sugar is no longer grainy.
2. Add walnuts and stir to coat. Remove from heat and pour walnuts onto the parchment lined cookie sheet and spread walnuts apart. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
Gather ingredients. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 2 T butter.
Melt butter, occasionally stirring to prevent the butter from browning.
Add 3 T brown sugar to the skillet.
Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Once the sugar is no longer grainy, pour in 1 cup of walnuts.
Stir to coat the walnuts.
Remove from heat and pour walnuts onto the parchment lined cookie sheet.
Spread walnuts out and let them cool for about 5 minutes.