Did you know? National Men Make Dinner Day is November 1. My DIL, Ashley, knew just the person to assist with the task. Namely her hubby, Brian. He is the breakfast maker at their house, and who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? So they broke out the fixins for omelets and got crackin’. Egg crackin’, that is.
CHEESY BACON AND ASPARAGUS OMELET
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
3 slices bacon
½ cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 T butter
12 frozen asparagus spears, thawed and sliced
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8-10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place bacon on it. Bake the bacon until crispy, roughly 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whip eggs and spinach together with a fork. Preheat a 9½” skillet over medium-low heat. Melt butter in skillet and add eggs.
3. Stir eggs as they cook for the first 5 minutes. Once they are about halfway cooked, stop stirring.
4. Cut bacon into small pieces and add to the top of the eggs. Add asparagus and cheddar cheese. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
5. Carefully loosen the egg from the pan and fold in half. Top with Monterey Jack cheese and tomatoes. Cover until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
Gather ingredients. Preheat oven to 400°F.
Bake 3 slices of bacon on a cookie sheet lined with foil until it is crispy, roughly 15-18 minutes.
While the bacon is baking, pour a cup of coffee and relax. (Notice Brian’s “mapron.”
One of the ladies of the chatroom made and mailed it here to the farm for him.)
Remove bacon from oven and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whip 8 eggs together with a fork.
Add ½ cup of frozen spinach that has been thawed and squeezed dry.
Over medium-low heat, melt 1 T of butter in a 9½” skillet.
Add egg and spinach mixture to the skillet.
Stir eggs as they cook for the first 5 minutes.
Once they are about halfway cooked, stop stirring.
Cut bacon into small pieces.
Sprinkle over the eggs.
Add 12 frozen asparagus spears that have been thawed and sliced.
Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
Carefully loosen the egg from the pan and fold in half.
Top with 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese.
Add 8-10 quartered cherry tomatoes.
Cover until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.