GRAPEFRUIT TEACUP CAKES
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 35-40 MINUTES
MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large grapefruit
1 cup sour cream
1¾ cup flour
¼ t baking soda
¼ t salt
1 T sour cream
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 T grapefruit juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
2. Juice the grapefruit and measure out ½ a cup of juice (reserve another 1 T for the icing). In a small bowl, whisk together the ½ cup of grapefruit juice and the sour cream.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Alternate adding the flour and sour cream mixtures to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
5. Lightly butter 6-8 oz oven-safe teacups and divide batter evenly between them. Place teacups on a cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. For the icing, combine sour cream, powdered sugar and grapefruit juice in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour over the cakes and enjoy!
Gather ingredients. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add ½ cup of softened butter to a medium bowl or stand mixer and 1 cup of sugar.
Cream the butter and sugar together.
Add one egg, blend well. Add one more egg and blend well.
Juice the grapefruit.
Measure out ½ cup of juice (reserve another 1 T for icing).
In add ½ cup of grapefruit juice to a small bowl.
Add 1 cup of sour cream.
Whisk grapefruit juice and sour cream together.
Add ¼ t of baking soda to 1¾ cups of flour.
Add ¼ t of salt. Stir to combine.
Begin alternately adding the flour and grapefruit juice mixtures to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
Lightly butter six 8-oz oven-safe teacups.
Divide the batter evenly between them.
Place oven-safe teacups on a cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Gather ingredients for the icing.
Add 1 T of sour cream to a small bowl.
Add ¾ cup of powdered sugar.
Add 1 T of grapefruit juice.
Whisk until smooth.
Pour over the cakes or, add a dollop of whip cream, and enjoy!