Today’s double-the-fun recipe is part 2-of-2 on how to make your very own homemade s’mores—and is a companion to the homemade marshmallows from Glamping with MaryJane.
For those of you who weren’t with us last week, we learned how to make fluffy Homemade Marshmallows.
Today, we gather up molasses and coconut to make homemade graham crackers. Aren’t your friends going to be i-m-p-r-e-s-s-e-d when they get a taste of the real thing?
HONEY GRAHAM CRACKERS
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
MAKES: 60 CRACKERS
1¼ cups flour
1¼ cups whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 t baking powder
½ t baking soda
½ t salt
½ cup salted butter
2 T honey
2 T molasses
1/3 cup canned coconut milk
½ t coconut extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
3. In a medium pan, warm the butter, honey, molasses, and coconut milk just enough to combine. Add the coconut extract.
4. Pour the milk mixture all at once into the flour mixture. Stir until the mixture is gathered into a ball.
5. Turn the dough out onto a surface and knead gently, folding and pressing for 12 to 15 strokes. Divide dough into smaller pieces and roll each piece between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/8” thickness.
6. Cut with a 2¼” round cookie cutter. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes, or until crackers are slightly crisp.
Gather ingredients. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add 1¼ cups of flour to a medium bowl.
Add 1¼ cups of whole-wheat flour.
Add 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
Add 1 t of baking powder.
Add ½ t of baking soda.
Add ½ t of salt.
Stir to combine.
Add ½ cup of butter to a medium saucepan.
Add 2 T of honey.
Add 2 T of molasses.
Add 1/3 cup of coconut milk.
Over medium low heat, heat the mixture just enough to combine, periodically stirring.
Stir in ½ t coconut extract.
Pour the milk mixture all at once into the flour mixture.
Stir until the mixture is gathered into a ball.
Turn the dough out onto a surface and knead gently, folding and pressing for 12 to 15 strokes.
Divide dough into smaller pieces.
Roll each piece between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/8” thickness.
Cut with a 2¼” round cookie cutter.
Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes, or until crackers are slightly crisp.
Add a dash of kids, a stick, and a campfire, and you’re ready for s’more summer fun!
Wow, do those s’mores look delicious! I am intrigued by the coconut flavor to the graham cracker too. I bet it adds a whole other dimension to the flavor mix. Stella and Mia tell the story of the gooey, chocolate , crispy delight! Are there any extras?
Is it possible to make these gluten free? Also, I love it that you showed the girls enjoying them!
Gosh these look so good. I’m going to make them. Thanks so much for this receipe Mary Jane. Gave a blessed week