PUMPKIN SPICE & CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
MAKES: 45 COOKIES
1 cardamom pod
2 cups flour
¼ t baking powder
½ t baking soda
½ t salt
1 t ground ginger
5 ozs cream cheese, softened
1½ cups pumpkin purée
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup pumpkin purée
3 ozs cream cheese, softened
1 t hazelnut extract
¾ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove the seeds from the cardamom pod and discard pod. Pulverize the seeds using a mortar and pestle.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese, pumpkin and brown sugar using a hand mixer. Add eggs and blend.
4. Pour in the flour mixture and mix well.
5. Drop cookies 1 T at a time onto ungreased cookie sheets (a cookie scoop is a huge time-saver!). Bake cookies for 10 minutes and immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
6. For the icing, whisk pumpkin, cream cheese, and hazelnut extract together in a small bowl. Add powdered sugar and whisk until combined. Spread icing over cooled cookies and enjoy!
Gather ingredients and preheat oven to 375°F.
Remove the seeds from 1 cardamom pod and discard pod.
Pulverize the seeds using a mortar and pestle.
In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, pulverized cardamom seeds, ¼ t of baking powder, ½ t of baking soda, ½ t of salt, and 1 t of ground ginger. Set aside.
Add 5 ozs softened cream cheese, 1½ cups of pumpkin purée, and 1 cup of brown sugar to another medium bowl.
Combine using a hand mixer.
Add 2 eggs.
Blend until smooth. Add flour mixture.
Blend until smooth. Drop cookies 1 T at a time onto an ungreased cookie sheet
(a cookie scoop is a huge time-saver!).
Bake cookies for 10 minutes and immediately transfer to a cooling rack. For the icing, add ¼ cup pumpkin purée and 3 ozs of softened cream cheese to a small bowl. Pour in 1 t of hazelnut extract.
Whisk together to combine.
Add ¾ cup of powdered sugar.
Whisk to combine.
Spread icing over cooled cookies and enjoy!
Wow, these cookies look yummy. Cardamon is used in lots of Scandinavian recipes , but mixed with ginger, I bet it is nice and spicy. I like the idea of spicy without the usual cinnamon and clove for heat too. Pumpkin cream cheese frosting??? Divine. When Ashely bakes, you all must love being the taste kitchen! I bet that is a great perk for cookies fresh from the oven.
Yummmmmm. I love your website. Love the old fashioned illustrations. Precious………..
YUM!!!!!! I can’t wait to make these!!!!